Sonntag, 27. Juli 2014

Herald of Nurgle: The Carcasse - Painting done

The Carcasse is finished. I am not super happy with the result, but after a week of painting and fixing I decided to keep him like he is... for now. I started the Daemon army because I saw a good opportunity to get a fully painted force relatively fast and being too nitpicky won't get me anywhere.

Maybe it is just a figment of my imagination, but as said in the previous post, there is something wrong with the miniature. It's possible that I had a hard time painting the Herald because I am not a fan of the miniature in the first place. However, it was an experience and a learned a couple of new things. What was interesting was that the things that I thought would be though were easy and all the low hanging fruits turned out to be challenges.

What turned out well...

  • Rusty Sword
  • Nurgling
  • Horns 

What didn't turn out well...

  • Skin
  • Pustules 
  • Wounds/Guts 

The things I don't like that much are unfortunately the ones that really define the Herald. I might do some touch ups on the wounds when I am going to do the next unit of Plaguebearers. The problem I had (and still have) is that the one on the arm it is rather big and with just using a wash respectively applying the blood effect (Tamiya X-27) it either looks dull or too cheesy. Currently the later is the case but with him being within a unit of Plaguebearers it doesn't strike too much.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen