Sonntag, 3. August 2014

Modular City Terrain Boards - WIP

I build a prototype tile for a modular city terrain board for 40K and Infinity some time ago. The idea behind it is to have hard polystyrene boards within a stable frame to keep them protected. The frame has two magnets on each side so it can be connected to other boards. Instead of having any elevated elements I thought - also because cities are normally rather even leveled - about adding some low-lying details like blasted open paving tiles, cargo locks, pipes or water basins. All those should have a reasonable size, so you can place other terrain on top of it in case you don’t want any of this (mostly) impassable terrain in your game.


Beginning of the week I built five more frames to be able to set up a 6“x4“ modular table. The most tricky part was to get the frames all the same correct size, the right angles and stable. But thanks to my tools I wasn’t too much of a problem, it just took some time. The next step is to paste in the polystyrene boards and this will be a tricky one as I need some 800mm clamps to make sure that there is sufficient pressure to keep the frame and the board together. Unfortunately I don’t have those at hand and they are too expensive to buy them for just that. However, my parents got a couple of those clamps and I will borrow them next time I am going to visit them (which will be next week already). Until then the modular city terrain boards have to wait.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen