Not a lot of things happened the last couple of weeks. I was on vacation for two weeks with my family, then I was at home (and at work) for a week and now I am on a business trip a gone for another two weeks. So there wasn’t much time for the hobby, but I got a couple of things done nonetheless.
Second Plaguebearers Squad - WIPWhile on the vacation in Austria I managed to clean up the second squad of Plaguebearers which is, following Nurgle’s (un)holy number,14 daemons strong. I love this hobby, but getting rid of mold lines and other cast impurities is most properly the part I like the least about it. When done right it takes time, but no matter how accurate you try to do it there is always a spot or a line that gets forgotten and will unveil itself with the base coating.
The assembling and conversion-work was done when I got back home. All of the different Champions of the three units will get a trophy of one of the other chaos gods lesser daemons in their claws. For the first one I got the head of a Daemonette which I still have to paint and then glue onto his hand. The Unit leader of the second squad got the head of a Bloodletter; both heads were taken from the Grey Knights sprues. Aside from the Champion I also did some minor conversions on the musician (he got the instruments from the Plague Drones kit) and the banner bearer. I didn’t like the second banner top that comes with the box as it looks too man-manufactured and too clean compared to the daemons weaponry and the crude and corroded metal fly banner top. So I did my own custom version out of plasticard. It’s just the simple sign of Nurgle with a bell and a death head, but made in the same style of the fly banner top. I will start painting the squad once I have finished the The Corpse. It’s ambitious but I hope to have them done by end of September.