Sonntag, 20. Juli 2014

Herald of Nurgle: The Carcasse - Painting WIP

My plan was to paint my two Heralds at the same time; after painting 13 Plague Bearers at once I thought that should be possible. Fact is, it isn't. I started with both, applying the base coat, wash and the first layers of drybrushing. There it showed that the GW Herald of Nurgle (The Carcasse) is somehow flawed compared to the GW Champion of Nurgle which I used for the conversion of The Corpse.
I did everything in parallel but the results were different: the transitions between the colors were smooth with the conversion, whereas with the original Herald the result was rough and rugged.

I decided to paint them individually, starting with my Herald of sorrow first, The Carcasse. Current state is, that all the base color is where it's supposed to be. Next step will be all the detail work like the transition between the necrotic flesh and the black horns. I also will do some touch ups on the skin and the pustules which are way to bright.

I hoped that the Heralds will be just as straight forward as the Plaguebearers but unfortunately this isn't the case. At the same time I won't rush anything and take the time needed to get the quality right. I am a bit bugged by this little mess and I might work on my Nurgle Aegis when I am not in the mood to paint.

Maybe all this is also just Tzeentch's doing. As the Changer of Ways he is also responsible for the weather and currently it is incredibly hot here in Germany; the color is basically as almost dry when it reaches the miniature.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen