Sonntag, 13. Juli 2014

Chaos Daemons - Portal Glyph

I recently found the base of the Eternity Stair in my bits box and figured that it would be a nice piece for an elaborated Portal Glyph marker. The portal has the size of a large blast template and the upper platform has exactly this size. As I wrecked my small drybrush I didn’t continue working on the two Heralds this weekend, but worked on the Portal Glyph instead.

The terrain piece as a nice hole in the middle, perfect for daemons to appear. I thought about having a Plaguebearer crawl out of a pool of slime. However, I went with a more simple, less time costly version, a brass plate with a Nurgle rune… for now. The rune plate is magnetized, so I can exchange it later with the slime pool or another chaos god-specific one (I might do a blood fountain for my Khorne daemons).

The painting was mainly done with drybrushing and washing. I never was a big fan of either of those methods, but since I got the right brushes (long and soft bristles) and did some reading on the right usage of washes and glazes I actually like them quite a lot. The oxidation effect was achiever with Nihilakh Oxide from Games Workshop. I am quite happy with the result, even though I am not completely sure if I will keep the deposits in the eye sockets of the brazen skull and if the ones in the plate are too subtle.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen