Samstag, 7. Juni 2014

Plaguebearers: Still still water

This week there was no real hobby time available, but the problem with the still water kept floating around in my head. I prepared some tests three days ago in the evening and yesterday I finally was able to get to them.

I filled up an upside down turned base to the absolute max with the Still Water to see how it actually dries. The medium shrinks in the middle around 60-70% which gives the whole surface a concave shape. When drying it could happen (I assume when the medium is too thick) that the water scale’s off the ground of the base. This is what actually happened around the leaves and roots of the swamp bases, and the small air bubbles between the dried medium and the base gave the impression of crystallization.

I was able to take the dried water medium out of the base pretty easy. The material is rubber-like, so you can bend and cut it. It doesn’t react to white-spirit, acetone or break fluid (which I use to remove colors from plastic miniatures) at all.

Aside from the the test with the base I also applied some of the medium on two bases with leaves and putty/rocks to try out what happens if I try to remove it. As said the white-spirit didn’t do anything - I didn’t try acetone or break fluid as the effect on a paint is foreseeable. What is possible however, is to peel of the dried medium with a hobby knife or a needle. Even though it is extra work and there is a risk of collateral damage I am going to clean up all the bases of the Plaguebearers and repair/repaint where needed to get them ready for some proper multi component water resin.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen