Dienstag, 11. November 2014

Modular City Terrain Boards - WIP: Paving Tiles

After I lost my miniatures case (it hasn’t been found/returned yet) my motivation to continue working on the Nurgle daemons was at the low point. I thought about not continuing with the army at all. But thanks to the great talks I had with various hobbyists in the GW store and online in the different communities I will carry on with the Carrion Cohort… just not right now. I am still hoping to get my army back and therefore I won’t start filling up the ranks right away. Also, I need some time to have the wounds healed.

Instead of working on daemons I spent the last two weeks with the modular game table. After I glued on the streets I started working on the actual terrain respectively the space where terrain pieces are going to be placed. It took a while to figure out the right size for the tiles (also in terms of what I actually can produce with my foam cutter)… and then it took even longer to get those tiles (around 500).

Gluing all those tiles on the boards also took some time and it also was a bit boring, but now, with the foundation in place I can start with the fun work: building hatches for the floor, building a water reservoir, building air shafts, weathering the tiles, adding rubble and destruction, etc… all those elements hopefully add variety and interesting spots/landmarks to the board. At the same time I want to build all the details in a way that I still can place terrain on top of it.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen