Sonntag, 5. Oktober 2014

Plaguebearers - 2nd unit WIP / adding flavor to the Theme

I am working on the second unit of Plague Bearers, and even though I have my formula and the techniques set, it still takes time. At the moment I am painting pustules, a lot of them. I am not sure how many of those are on average on one of the daemons, but whatever the number is multiply it by 15 (that's how many I am painting at the same time)... and that means a base coating each pustule Ratskin Flesh then washing it with Carroburg Crimson, adding another thin layer of Ratskin Flesh and then putting a rather small dot of Yriel Yellow on top.

While working on the daemons I am also preparing the bases. The theme of the army is swamp/flooded woodland. I still like it, but as I go with a rather big force I thought how I could put in some variety. I followed through on the idea I had about the Aegis Defense Line I am going to build for my Daemons... which lead me to adding corpses to some of the bases (1/3 of the bases per unit should have some on them). As I am a fan of consistency I went with the Corpse Fields bases from Secret Weapon Miniatures; I still had to sand the spongy looking texture of the bases off and add some sand to make the fit the style of the Blasted Wetlands bases I am already using.




The bases are already done, and all I need to do now is finish of the daemons which - just by my guess - will take another two weeks or so. I had to experiment a bit with the skin tone of the bodies as I wanted to look them like water corpses.

















The little "theme extension" also granted me sufficient bases for the whole Nurgle force I plan to build (over time). Right now I am aiming at around 1500 points, but further down the road (once I had the chance to paint some power armor again... or some of those magnificent Battle-Automata) I would love to ramp up the force up to 2500.

 

1 Kommentar:

  1. Those bases look awesome. Followed your link to secret weapon store... some really nice bases. Want them all but no moneeeey :((

    AntwortenLöschen