Donnerstag, 19. März 2015

Daemon Prince of Nurgle: Maggot Spawn - Done

It took me almost three month to get flying Daemon Prince of Nurgle done. There was just too much going on in the non-hobby-life. At the same time, when I had some spare minutes to work on him, I experimented a bit with colors and techniques, which also resulted in investing more time than initially expected. As I am quite happy with the result, I don't mind that it took that long after all.
I added for example brown spots on his skin, to make it more diverse and interesting... there was simply too much grey-green as a whole. I applied the first layer to define the shape with a sponge and then worked those spots up with different washes. The use of washes was extensive on this miniature; I never was a friend of washes but I start to like (and understand) them.

The base is another custom piece. The foundation is a Corpse Field Base from Secret Weapons Miniatures, but a changed the ground, added tree stumps, exchanged the heads of the corpses and put some maggots on the bodies to feast on them.

As said, I am overall happy ho the Maggot Spawn turned out, but I hope that I won't need that long for my next Nurgle project.








Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen