Sonntag, 7. September 2014

Herald of Nurgle: The Corpse - Painting WIP: Bones, Leather and Wood

It has been almost five weeks since I had a paint brush in my fingers, but this weekend I had finally the time to get back to The Corpse, the second Herald in my Mono Nurgle Daemons of Chaos army. Little side note: Before I left for my business trip I modeled him a double chin with green stuff to make him look more chubby.
It was a rough start Friday evening as nothing really worked out the way it should be and I went to bed a bit frustrated. On Saturday a basically repainted everything I did and it turned out much, much better. My focus was on wooden parts (basically the handle of the flail), skulls and bones, the rope hanging from the horn and all leather stripes.




Next (most properly tonight) I will take care of the horns and the cloth pieces. I already painted the later with Pallid Wych Flesh as I want them look like they were white/beige-colored before they were touched by Nurgle. This will be a bit of a challenge as I never painted cloth that supposed to look worn out/run-down. I could go with black, grey or brown but I want a visual connection to the Death Guard that will support the Daemons from time to time, and their armor will be white... well, worn out/run-down white.

Once the horns and the cloth are done I can start re-touching the skin (along with all the pesky body fluids) and then, after this is complete, take care of the raven. I already have an idea how he should look like in the end, I am just not sure if I can pull it off.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen